Drifters of Purgatory Minecraft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Drifters of Purgatory crafting forums.

3 posters

Bukkit dev builds

Thor
    Thor
    Admin

Bukkit dev builds Empty Bukkit dev builds

Post  Thor Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:42 pm

Just so you know, our server provider does not allow the installation of unfinished plugins such as dev-builds of Bukkit, therefore we cannot put it on for those of you who are impatient. So please stop pm-ing me and telling me there are near-stable builds available, I'm not an idiot, I know what's going on as I'm capable of using twitter as well. Also, some of you need to work on your communication skills as just sending me a message quoting something will not get you anywhere. For example, I just logged on and someone (not mentioning who) had sent me a pm simply saying this; "Reminder: There is no RB out, but you can still use an almost-stable dev build at j.mp/tqWHk7. There aren't that many bugs left." I know exactly what they meant, but not only do I find this incredibly annoying and condescending, we can't try them out anyway.

Thanks

Bodderific/Thor

Last edited by bodderific on Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Loki
    Loki

Bukkit dev builds Empty Re: Bukkit dev builds

Post  Loki Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:29 am

This is hardly an important topic. Just because you are irritated with some of the members of this forum does not mean that you should be writing rude posts. By the way, the definition of communication skills is defined as ones abilities in the areas of language understanding, communicating expressively, and practical language skills. This was my “PM” and it seems that I did communicate effectively; you understood what I sent to you. Perhaps you meant that people should check their spelling and grammar with regards to other PMs you have been receiving? Your post was riddled with overused commas and a couple run on sentences.

How was I to know that you follow Twitter? The ways in which you, "the admins", communicate and receive information might be an important topic for you to post about. This way others will be able to see what you are up to and any possible future updates. I did not know if you were following the information posted by CraftBukkit. Perhaps if you were to keep everyone up to date on a thread then you would not receive so many “PMs”. This form of communication would fall under proper “communication skills”, especially for someone in a position of authority. I’m sorry that my “PM” offended you, I was simply trying to be a productive member of this site.
    Thor
    Thor
    Admin

Post  Thor Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:55 am

Mr_Vol wrote:This is hardly an important topic. Just because you are irritated with some of the members of this forum does not mean that you should be writing rude posts. By the way, the definition of communication skills is defined as ones abilities in the areas of language understanding, communicating expressively, and practical language skills. This was my “PM” and it seems that I did communicate effectively; you understood what I sent to you. Perhaps you meant that people should check their spelling and grammar with regards to other PMs you have been receiving? Your post was riddled with overused commas and a couple run on sentences.

How was I to know that you follow Twitter? The ways in which you, "the admins", communicate and receive information might be an important topic for you to post about. This way others will be able to see what you are up to and any possible future updates. I did not know if you were following the information posted by CraftBukkit. Perhaps if you were to keep everyone up to date on a thread then you would not receive so many “PMs”. This form of communication would fall under proper “communication skills”, especially for someone in a position of authority. I’m sorry that my “PM” offended you, I was simply trying to be a productive member of this site.

Now that you've over checked both of our posts for grammatical errors. Let me tell you that when I say communication skills I'm merely talking about the fact that you didn't say your bukkit twitter quote, followed by "is there any chance you can try this for now?" you simply put the quote in, which to me comes across as some kind of demand. When I have more than one person doing this on a daily basis both on and off the server, it becomes a massive annoyance. I have set up various threads for keeping track of the server progress and a few people are actually keeping track of them. To assist this I was contemplating setting up a Twitter for you guys to follow so you would have a more direct way of getting updates on the server.
    In regards to your definition of communication skills, I'm grateful for your lesson on that but you know exactly what I meant. Also don't be an internet prick and use your obviously higher than mine grammar skills as ammo because you have nothing else to say. I'm from a working class area in one of the most run down parts of Britain, I cannot help this and due to the low quality of education in the area I've pretty much taught myself when it comes to anything I know. I apologise if this doesn't meet your standards but that's the way it is. As for this being in the "important" thread, you're absolutely right in saying it shouldn't be here, I'll rename the thread just for you.
    EchoMarine
    EchoMarine

Post  EchoMarine Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:46 am

Sorry to interupt your chat that is going on but there is a castle/ palace that looks like it has been struct by a 200 block radius bomb only the side of the castle, although number has not been confirmed the destruction looks like 50-200 wide and 40-150 blocks long.
    Thor
    Thor
    Admin

Post  Thor Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:21 pm

EchoMarine wrote:Sorry to interupt your chat that is going on but there is a castle/ palace that looks like it has been struct by a 200 block radius bomb only the side of the castle, although number has not been confirmed the destruction looks like 50-200 wide and 40-150 blocks long.

Wrong thread

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 am